This type of background can look so intimidating but I promise it can be achieved so easily with the right supplies.
My favourite thing about the Nuvo shimmer powders is the effortless range of colours and intensities you get from those little bottles.
I started by heat embossing this absolutely gorgeous Peony bouquet stamp from the ‘Friendship Blooms’ set by Hero Arts & Gina K in brilliant white Opaque embossing powder by WOW! (It is my absolute favourite image so I just want to stamp it everywhere.)
I taped the paper down to a wooden board using masking tape in order to limit warping as much as possible.
The little bottles contain a mixture of pigment & mica powders that give you a literal burst of colour & sparkle as soon as they interact with water. You can either lay down some water first and then tap the powder over it; or tap some powder out onto a dry page and then spray water over it. I find that I get the best results putting the powder down first then spraying water over it.When I say ‘tap’ the bottle, I really mean that all you need to do is gently tap the bottle; don’t be tempted to squeeze it or you’ll end up covering everything in sight. (Yes, I am speaking from experience unfortunately!)
Just let the paper dry, and if you feel like you need some more colour in any area just add some more powder and spray again.
The sentiment is a die cut from My Favourite Thing. I cut it from black cardstock which I embossed twice in Clear Sparkle to make it really stand out. I finished it with some of these gorgeous clear dew drops from Alina Crafts.
This is the first of my Valentine’s cards and I will be adding them up onto my Etsy store asap.
Thank you for visiting my blog, if you’d like to see more of my artwork & how to’s and/or hear my thoughts on living with a chronic illness then please consider subscribing. T.
- Neenah Classic Crest – Solar White
- Wilko’s brand Ink Cartridge refill
- Copic Ciao Markers
- Winsor & Newton Pro/Brushmarkers
- Hair – Y747, o324, 0345
- Belt/Wand Tip/Necklace/Head Band – V735
- Skin – O729, O618
- Wings – CG1, CG2
- Uniball Signo Gel Pen – Silver
- Wink of Stella – GL. Clear 999
- Versamark Watermark ink pad
- WOW! Embossing Powder
- Metallic Silver – Superfine
- Distress Oxide – Peacock Feathers
- Unbranded make up blending brush
- Altenew – Skylight Stencil
- Nuvo Glimmer Paste – Moonlight
- Ranger Matte Multi Medium glue
- Unbranded double sided adhesive tape
- Anita’s – Silver Mirror Back Gems, various sizes