Today is a quick little post to share this fun card I made for my nephew’s birthday! I love making action cards for kids and I’ve just had a new cake pop up die that I’ve been wanting to use.
I decided on a design with a baby dragon blowing fire onto the unlit candles, then inside the cake would pop up with the candles lit.
I coloured each of my images in with alcohol markers, (a mix of Copics & Promarkers,) and added some more depth & detail with pencil crayons. (This is a tip I picked up from the 30-Day Colouring Challenge Roadshow Online Course by Kathy Racoosin, which is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. *Not an advert, it just really helped me!) I made the background with Distress Oxide inks and my make-up blending brushes, then just secured everything together with a mixture of foam adhesive squares & liquid glue.
The pop up cake wasn’t exactly easy to do, it’s just very fiddly which isn’t easy when my hands don’t always do what I want them to! But I do like the effect and my nephew loved it, which is what matters most.
It was a lot of fun to make and I’m really happy with how it turned out.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, if you’re new here then I hope that you will consider subscribing.
Find me on these platforms:
- Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Cardstock – Solar White
- Hobbycraft Silver Glitter/Blue Glitter/Light Blue/Red cardstock
- My Favourite Things – Magical Dragons stamp set
- Lawn Fawn – Year Two & Year Three stamp sets
- Crafter’s Companion – Create-a-Card Pop Up Cake die set
- Altenew – Tall Alphas die set
- Avery Elle – Simple Sentiments stamp set
- Sizzix – Magical Unicorn die set (Clouds)
- Distress Oxide – Blueprint Sketch & Salty Ocean
- Copic Ciao Markers (Various)
- Winsor & Newton Promarkers/Brushmarkers (Various)
- Black Widow Colouring Pencils (Various)
- Faber Castell Polychromos Colouring Pencils (Various)
- Ranger Multi Medium matte
- Gina K – Connect Glue
- Unbranded Foam Adhesive
- Ranger Glossy Accents