It’s very rare that I use patterned paper these days, but I have so much of it that I really should! So I decided to pair this image from our sponsors; Oddball Stamp Co. with an older Dovecraft release called Kiss & Make Up to create this card.
I coloured the girl using my Copics and fussy cut her to completely seperate her from the coffee cup because I wanted to do some very simple paper piecing to create my cup.
I printed the image with the ‘Monday Morning’ sentiment inside the cup onto a piece of patterned paper, then fussy cut this to seperate it into each piece. I coloured the handle & saucer with red that tied it in with the lipstick colours on the cup.
To give my cup some extra shine, I coated it in Versamark ink and embossed it with 3 layers of Clear EP from WOW! (I did the same with the handle & saucer.) Before I stuck the pieces back together I added some White Puff EP to the part of the drink that’s visible around my girl; I love doing this to create the look of a Cappuccino!!
I decided to use a black card base, and added a strip of one of the other papers from the collection and a red strip that I coloured to match the handle & saucer. Then I popped my coffee cup to the side with some foam adhesive squares and added some steam with a white Arteza pencil crayon.
Another thing I very rarely do is add my own handwriting to a card, but I decided to add ‘Just another…’ in white gel pen. So my full sentiment reads ‘Just another…Monday morning’. (Which had me singing ‘Just another manic Monday’ at the top of my voice on loop for a good few hours!) To be honest, at this point it could very well be Monday for all I know! #thedaysjustrollintoeachother
So, that’s my card for this challenge, and I can’t wait to see what you all come up with!!
Thank you for visiting my blog, if you’d like to see more of my artwork & how to’s and/or hear my thoughts on living with a chronic illness then please consider subscribing. T.
*Please note, some of these are affiliate links, shopping from these are at no cost at all to yourself and helps support this blog & my channel. I appreciate anyone who does use them SO MUCH. Thank you.
- Neenah Classic Crest – Solar White 80lb*
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White – 110lb (*Use code natashapapertree for 10% off)
- Scrapbook Adhesive – 3d Foam Adhesive squares (*Use code natashapapertree for 10% off)
- Oddball Stamps – Monday Mornings Frazzled Fran Needs Her Coffee
- Craft UK C6 Card blank & envelope – Black* USA UK
- Dovecraft – Kiss & Make Up 6inch paper pack (this may be discontinued now, I’m sorry)
- WOW! Embossing Powders:
- Versamark Ink pad
- Copic Ciao Markers – R27, R17, R05
- Arteza Colouring Pencil – White USA
- Signo Hybrid Gel Pen – White
- Nuvo Antique Drops – White USA UK